37 Pleasant Street | New London, NH | 603.526.6368

Donating to the COA

Supporting the COA is easy as 1-2-3

The Kearsarge Area Council on Aging (COA) offers a variety of ways through which charitable donations may be made. These include, but are not limited to, the following:

Cash Gifts are acceptable in any form (i.e., cash, check, or debit or credit card) and in any amount. Checks should be made out to the Council on Aging and then sent to the address below:

Chapin Senior Center
P.O. Box 1263
New London, NH 03257

Or, drop off your charitable donation at the Chapin Senior Center

37 Pleasant Street
New London, NH

Or, use our convenient PayPal button to your left.

A Memorial and Honor gift are tribute donations in honor of, or in memory of, a loved one, extended family member, friend, or colleague. These tribute gifts can be processed by mailing the donation to the Chapin Senior Center at P.O. Box 1263, New London, NH 03257. Please include the name of the person you wish to honor and if deceased, name and address of the next of kin. Notification of these gifts take approximately two-weeks to process and send.

A Matching Gift is a donation from a corporation or business that matches a charitable gift from an employee (or a retiree) of the company at a specific ratio set by the employer, the most common being 1:1. All matching gifts require that the employee (or retiree) completes a matching gift form that is then provided to COA to confirm the individual’s gift and returned by the Center to the employer.

Publicly Traded Securities (Stock) may be donated to the COA, but please contact us for trading information and to receive the stock transfer instructions that you will need for your broker.

In-Kind (Non-Cash) Gifts of tangible personal property such as works of art, antiques, collectibles, and mobility equipment may also be made, but please contact our Director of Marketing and Development before doing so.

A Bequest or codicil in your will or trust is an easy way to make a deferred gift to the COA.The bequest can either be for our organization’s general purposes (often referred to as an unrestricted gift) or to support a particular project, such as our Judy Chapin Transportation Fund.

The following is simple language for an unrestricted gift through your will or trust:
“I give and bequeath to the Kearsarge Area Council on Aging, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation whose address is 37 Pleasant Street, New London, NH 03257, the sum of $___ [all or ___% of the remainder of my estate] to be used for general purposes of the organization and at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.”

Life Insurance for which all the premiums have been paid is an ideal way to make a charitable contribution as long as the life insurance policy names the Kearsarge Area Council on Aging as the owner and beneficiary.

Planned gifts are creative options for supporting your favorite charitable organizations, such as the COA, through financial tools such as charitable trusts, donations of retirement assets, and other forms. It’s sometimes difficult to make large charitable donations. Yet even someone of modest means can help by using our planned giving program – a wonderful way of ensuring your vision for the community lasts for generations to come.

Planned giving helps those without the means to make an immediate cash contribution, but who still want to be part of the long-term solution. These planned gifts are set up to allow donors to provide gifts that might not otherwise be possible. Some planned gifts even provide surprising income and tax benefits to the donor.

These are vital ways to help the COA and leave a lasting legacy. We encourage you to contact your legal and/or financial advisor for more information.

The Kearsarge Area Council on Aging is a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is also registered in good standing with the State of New Hampshire’s Attorney General’s office. Our federal 990 forms—an annual IRS document—is available to the public if requested. Additionally, our annual report—mandated by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the State of New Hampshire’s Department of Justice—is also available to read. Simply stop by the Chapin Senior Center and ask!

Please contact us at 603.526.6368.