HISTORY & MISSION OF COA
To promote, develop, and reinforce programs that support and enhance the health, well-being, dignity, and independence of older people in the nine towns of the greater Kearsarge area.
To serve the needs and interests of people aged 55 years and older who reside in the towns of Andover, Danbury, Grantham, New London, Newbury, Springfield, Sunapee, Sutton, and Wilmot.
We envision a large, vibrant community of engaged seniors, particularly those who are at risk of losing their self-sufficiency, regularly participating in COA's programs, sharing our broader organizational values, and supporting our mission.
Like people of all ages, we continue to value a senior community that celebrates;
- capabilities and ambitions
- willingness to grow and develop
- a need and desire to build relationships and socialize with others
- a quest for achievement
- access to sources of information, help with problems, and opportunities to share with and learn from individuals with similar experiences and circumstances
- integration within their families and communities
COA BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Robert Prohl, Elkins - Chair
Daniel Parish, New London - Vice Chair
Paula Wyeth, New London - Treasurer
Jay Boynton, Andover
Jane Hopwood, Elkins
Tally Jones, Newbury
Mary Mills - Newbury
Donna Ruel, Springfield